Tuesday, February 14, 2012

More Crochet!

I have finished another piece of crochet. This is a design from a vintage pattern called Four Roses Doily in filet crochet. I absolutely loved making this and another first for me working with fine thread. Not as fine as some though as this was a no. 20 thread on 1.25mm hook. Yes I'm pretty pleased with the result and it is winging its way to the UK along with the Hairpin lace to be marked for the Crochet Diploma Course.






I have one more garment to make and I am tossing up between a Tunisian crochet vest and a Doris Chan cardi in Broomstick lace. It has to be crocheted in a smooth aran weight yarn so I will decide in the next few days.

Meanwhile maybe I should try and finish last years Debbie Abrahams Mystery Blanket as it is a mystery no more. This years first 2 months mystery blanket squares have arrived but I am not very inspired to begin them. It is obviously an Olympic theme and I'm just not into it. I may even sell the whole kit at the end of the year if I really don't like it.


Jane Crowfoots Mystery Crochet Blanket is about to begin for this year.

I just love the colours of the yarns this year for the crochet blanket.


The patterns for the first month of Janie Crows crochet mystery blanket arrive tomorrow! Can't wait as all the yarn arrived a couple of weeks ago and I just love the colours! It is a lace theme this year and I think that so far this year crochet is taking over my life! Not such a bad thing?





This is just a teaser for the Jane Crowfoot patterns that we are about to be emailed.




No comments:

Post a Comment