Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February Newsletter

February has arrived and it is hot and humid here in Queensland. That hasn't stopped me from knitting and crocheting though. So, on goes the air-conditioning and out come the needles every spare minute that I have. It seems crazy to be ordering winter yarns while the temperatures have been so warm but I have been, and over the next few months the shelves will be restocked with lots of new yarns as well as broader ranges of others.

I did get a lovely new order of Cashmere Queen early last week. This yarn is made by Schoppel-Wolle and is just beautiful. It is a 5ply/sport weight and 35% cashmere, 45% merino and 20% silk. The colours are very subtle and soft. At the moment I have five colours and will be receiving more soon.


The House of Alpaca have announced 10 more colours to their 8ply range so there will now be 22 colours on offer. They are also bringing out 5 colours in a 4ply which I am excited about. Anyone who has worked with this alpaca will know how lovely and soft it is and with the 20% merino just how well its keeps its shape after knitting and crocheting. These should be coming into the store later in March.

I have also ordered some more of the BC Garn Sarah Tweed as this has been a popular yarn. Top ups of the favorite colours as well as a few new colours. I have placed an order for their Semilla a 100% organic 8ply wool as well. The most difficult decision I have is choosing the colours and from around 40 I have chosen 22 colours.

This week all the information regarding the Prudence Mapstone Workshops went on the website. We are having 2 weekend workshops with Prudence this year. One on the 12th & 13th May and the other on the 17th & 18th November. Prudence is a wonderful teacher and her workshops are always a lot of fun as well as informative. I hope that some of you can join us!

Also this week I formed the Yarn Glorious Yarn group on Ravelry. It is a great place to share projects as well as to find out about what is happening in the knitting and crochet world.. As well, Ravelry is a great site for finding patterns or just asking for help with a knitting or crochet problem. I have made a few really good friends through Ravelry too!

The Craft and Sewing Show will be here again at the Brisbane Convention Centre on the 22nd - 25th March. I have just finalised the details and will be at stand E11. I am hoping to organise a couple of specials just for the show.

That's all the news for this week. Happy knitting and crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment