Sunday, October 30, 2011

Brisbane Craft & Quilt Fair

Beginners Knitted Bracelets
New Books Just into the Shop
The stand all set up for the Craft & Quilt Show
Noro Taiyo Slouch Hat made for Tegan

The craft fair was a great success and I was very happy meeting lots of new people and showing them the yarns. Nathan gave me a hand and together we handed out hundreds of business cards so I hope that will generate more traffic to my website.

Ten women and 1 very young woman/girl learned how to knit and the kits were a great success. The beginners bracelet was so popular that Nathan and I made up some kits on the first evening and they all sold. As a result I have made up some more and put them on the website.

Today I have been ordering some more yarns for the summer. As well I have ordered some pattern books for 4 ply cotton as the BC Garn cotton doesn't have patterns in English and I have learned that people want patterns!

The last week for me has been recovering from the build up and hard work of the show. The unpacking was the worst and it took me 2 days before I could even face it!

Next week I am not opening the shop as Dad is having a knee reconstruction and I will be taking Mum in and out of the hospital and she will be staying with us.

Now that the show has finished I may even catch up on some embroidery for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment