Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Shawl for Mum



Christmas is almost here and I have made a shawl for my mum's present. I made it from 2 skeins of Alchemy Haiku yarn on 7mm needles and it is delicious! A mohair/silk blend and just exquisitely soft and fine she will get the warmth plus you can just squish it into nothing to fit in your handbag. The pattern was very simple just 3 rows knit and one row YON and knit 2tog. It created a beautiful fine lacey look and looks much harder than it is!

Today I need to begin knitting my sister another teacosy for her birthday in less than 3 weeks. I made her the Carmen Miranda tea cosy last year from Loani Priors book Really Wild Tea Cosies. The photo is on my profile. She loved it and has requested another this year.

After that if I have time I will knit my son Tom's girlfriend Kirstyn a scarf from another skein of Alchemy Haiku. Same pattern but narrower. I guess I had better get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment