Friday, May 28, 2010

Hong Kong Days 10 & 11






This morning we had some free time after our trip to China. We decided to visit the Post Office to send some things back home since our purchases were quite heavy. We met at Di Vinos for lunch and then headed off for our final book binding class. Many of the girls had finished their embroideries to mount onto the front of their books but I had decided to bind mine with chinese brocade and to finish the dragonfly embroidery at my leisure. The class went all afternoon and so we met again for dinner at Jaspers in Soho. The evening was spent shopping again in Soho were Jan and I visited the Gu Embroidery shop and made a few purchases.
The next day we travelled to Sham Shui Po by MTR to shop for beads, braids, laces and buttons. It really is a fantastic place with so much to buy with regards to craft. We spent the whole day shopping there and by the time we got back to the Helena May I really needed some time on my own. I went for a walk through Hong Kong Park which is just lovely at night and completely safe. I had a coffee at Pacific Place and after phoning home I headed back to the Helena May ready to tackle the packing for our flight home the following night.

No comments:

Post a Comment